Professional 2004 is needlework software for designers who want to create more
complex cross stitch charts and also charts for needlepoint, Hardanger, Bargello, and
other needlework. It has all the features that EasyGrapher Home and EasyGrapher
Specialty have, plus a lot more. (We call it our "kitchen sink" program.)
what is so special about EG Pro 2004 and how is it better than our other
two charting programs? An easy comparison is simply that it lets you
combine cross stitch charting abilities with those for needlepoint,
Hardanger, and other similar styles. Today's designers are more and more
melding different areas of needlework into more complex and interesting
designs. EG Pro lets you do that.
It also has features to help in publishing your
charts. Our powerful Export
command is a flexible way for you to transfer charts to word processing and desktop
publishing programs. This means you can design a complete leaflet, booklet, or classroom
materials without having to do physical cutting and pasting. We were one of
the first to have this ability and we provide more flexibility in
exporting than most, if not all, other design programs.
There are many features that are useful for
customizing charts to give them a more polished appearance. For example,
you can place text on top of a chart with the Annotate command, in
which you control the text's size, font, and placement and you can even
draw circles or rectangles around text. This can be used to label bands in
a band sampler or to place a copyright notice directly on the chart.
Other commands let you:
- draw arrows just like lines
- convert a chart from cross stitch to needlepoint
- convert a selected area from "over two"
to "over one" and back
- create and use font, stitch, and pattern
- draw curved stitches
One of the program's more powerful features is its
unequaled ability to let you use a wide variety of lines in a chart to
represent different colors of stitches - and when you print the chart you
can actually tell the different lines apart! EG Pro has 18 different line
styles. This may not sound like many, but the program also lets you
control the width of the line and, in some cases, its thickness. So, for
example, you can have 3 different solid lines in your color key, but they
look different because they have 3 different widths.
Also, because we listen to our customers,
EasyGrapher Professional 2004 comes with a complete, printed reference manual.
For owners of previous versions of EasyGrapher
Professional, click here to see a detailed list
of the new stuff in EasyGrapher Professional 2004.
We try very hard to make sure charts printed from our programs are
clear and easy to read. That is one reason we have many customers who publish their
designs using our programs. You can see some of them in our Designers
EasyGrapher Professional 2004 sells for $299.
Additional ordering and price information
is on the Ordering page.
EasyGrapher Professional 2004 has all the features of EasyGrapher
Home and EasyGrapher Specialty. Listed below are some of the more important advanced features.
If you are looking for a particular feature and it is not listed here, first check the
EasyGrapher Home and EasyGrapher Specialty pages.
If it isn't there, you can email us about it.
|Chart design features
- Stitch lines can be draw in a large variety of different line styles/colors with point-to-point line
- Curved lines can be drawn.
- The Sticky Lines feature can be used to quickly outline a figure.
- Chart size is virtually unlimited (1000 by 1000).
- Lazy daisy, chain, queen (rococo), and picot stitches can be drawn.
- Arrows can be drawn.
- Draw any symbol on the grid lines for French knots, beads, and other special stitches.
- Remove portions of the background grid for drawn thread or cut work.
- Stitch lines can end inside the grid square for needlepoint charting.
- Text can be placed on top of a chart for labeling and copyright
- Stitch, Font, and Pattern libraries can be built and used in charting.
- Automatically chart typed in text with either a TrueType font or your
own designed Font Library - or even read text from a file.
- Load an underlay image to help in charting images that cannot be
converted with Import.
- Up to 160 symbols can be used in one chart from an available 174.
- Up to 100 lines can be added to the color key.
- Symbols can be printed/exported using special effects such as
inverting the symbol and background, background shading, and printing
symbols in colors other than black. With these options, a symbol can now
be used more than once in the color key.
- Print the color key on the chart.
- View a silhouette of the design in progress
- Customize the frequency of dark counting lines on the screen and the printed
- View special symbols as symbols, colored circles, or stitches.
- View lines as line styles or as colored, black, or white lines.
- View a simulated stitched design as it would appear using 7 different
- Automatically draw backstitch lines around symbols.
- Convert a cross stitch chart to needlepoint and back.
- Convert a selected area from being "over two" to "over
one" and back.
- Flip or rotate the clipboard before pasting.
- Shrink or enlarge all or part of a chart.
- Flip Copy can quickly create a mirror-image copy of a chart.
- Prints beautiful, professional quality charts in black and white or color with variable
grid counts, 5 different grid styles, 5 different symbol styles, and 4
line style choices.
- Customize the printed chart using special margins and include center line markers,
customizable title line, blank grid squares around the border, and page numbers.
- Print an estimate of floss use.
- Print date and time, grid counting numbers.
- Print a shaded overlap for charts printed on multiple pages.
- Print only a selected area.
- Control where dark counting lines fall.
- Preview your chart on the screen before printing it.
- Print and collate multiple copies of a chart for printer drivers that
support these features
- Flag individual symbols to not print
- Open up to 10 design windows at one time.
- Open the same chart in two windows with changes in one reflected in
- Converts 30 different types of graphic files into charts using two different methods of
- charts in many common file formats to be used in word processing and desktop
- DMC and Anchor floss colors available and new colors can be added as they are released
or needed; custom colors can also be added.
- DMC and Anchor floss tables are newly revised to include new colors.
- New floss tables can be created to add additional floss lines.
- Company name, address, and other information can be saved and printed for each
- A PC with at least 512MB of RAM
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7
- a 450MHz Pentium II processor
- 32MB of disk space
- a mouse
- a CD-ROM drive
These are the minimum requirements. More memory and a faster processor, which
most computers have these days, are strongly
recommended, especially if you design large charts, plan to convert scanned
images, or use some other features.
||Get a demo from our Demos