|This is a list of most of the enhancements
in EasyGrapher Stitch Wiz 3.0 from EasyGrapher Stitch Wiz 2.5.
To see a list of enhancements in version 2.5 compared to version 2.0, click here.
If you have any previous version of EasyGrapher Stitch Wiz, you may be entitled to upgrade at a reduced price. Please contact us for details.
The changes are:
1. New line styles were added:
The solid and ellipse styles are three widths of the same basic style. The ellipse styles cannot be used to draw curved lines.
2. The number of lines, symbols, or deleted grid lines in a diagram is now limited only by available memory. The blackboard size is increased to 500 X 500. The number of lines, symbols, etc. that can be copied to the clipboard is now unlimited.
3. Needles can be drawn just like other lines as a line style (but no curves). There are two different styles, a straight tapered style and a bent tapered style. Available properties are:
The percent properties enable a needle to be drawn so that it can be both over and under the fabric and to show it weaving in and out of stitches.
4. Fabric lines can be shown as though they were gathered or bent. A new Grid line style was added for this. This line style can be used in two ways. If a grid line is drawn either horizontal or vertical, the center of the line can be dragged to position the bend. The bend is always symmetrical. The tip of the bend can be placed anywhere on the fabric. It does not "snap to" particular positions.
If a grid line is drawn at an angle, the program assumes the line will be bent in an "S" shape, with the center of the bend halfway between the line end points. This center point can be dragged to position the line. The program decides on the direction of the bend based on whether the line is more vertical than horizontal or vice versa. This method is used to bend fabric lines in non-symmetric ways.
5. The width and color of fabric lines can be controlled through the Grid command under the View menu. This command opens the new Diagram Properties command with the Grid tab selected. The grid can also be "turned off" on the screen.
The change to allow the fabric line width to be changed has an effect on the placement of line end points. They will be slightly different than previous versions of Stitch Wiz. This affects both new diagrams and existing ones opened in Stitch Wiz 3.0.
6. Symbols are now treated much like lines in that there are two new commands,
New Symbols and Edit Symbols, which parallel the existing New Lines and
Edit Lines. One significant difference that remains between lines and symbols is that there are no properties that carry forward from one symbol to the next the way some properties of lines do.
7. Annotate and Edit Annotations are two new commands that allow text to be placed on a diagram and to be edited. multi-line annotations are supported. Properties include font, font size, font style, rotation angle, and outlining box style.
8. Colors can now be selected for a variety of different drawing elements on the diagram. Colors can be chosen from a dropdown list or a custom color can be selected using the standard Windows color picker window. The interior and outline colors can be selected for:
The colors of stitch line numbers can also be changed.
9. Curved lines can now be edited completely. Before you could only move the end points but not change the curve of the line.
10. The properties on the Line tab of the Edit Lines command have been divided into two tabs, Diagram and Line. The Diagram tab has properties that are passed on (inherited) from line to line in the diagram. The Line tab has properties that apply only to a single line. A new Needle tab was added to handle the special properties of needles.
An Apply button was added so that changes can be made immediately to the diagram while the Edit Lines window is still open.
You can now select the font family, font size, bold, and italic for each font.
The line color and number color can be selected from a list of 16 colors or a custom color can be selected.
11. Changes were made in the New Lines command similar to that of Edit Lines. The line color and number color can be selected from a list or a custom color chosen. Font properties can similarly be selected.
12. Print Preview was added as a command under the File menu and on the Print Diagram window.
13. Large diagrams can now be printed across multiple pages. Page numbers can be printed to help in piecing a large diagram. A switch is available to control how the over/under weave falls.
14. Zoom In and Zoom Out commands were added with toolbar icons.
15. The program now uses more line segments when printing and exporting curved lines so that long curved lines curve more smoothly.